does anybody want some hot shirtless dwarves?
i’m back in the mood for dwarves…
Messy sketch, but I don’t care. I love how this turned out and I’m almost afraid to clean it up for fear it will feel too clinical.
Been tired and worn down lately, so I decided to do something fluffy. And MAN did I race on past fluffy and right into saccharine. But who cares, cause BAGGINSHIELD LOVIN!
Trying a little bit something new with Bilbo’s hair (short and messy curls just are not easy to pin down a look for, but I like the direction this is going). Hopefully this will continue to improve as I mess around with the styling. Also, first time doing Thorin’s armor! Didn’t turn out too bad, I think.
Got more bagginshield in me, so keep your eyes peeled ;)
So my final draft for the HRBB took some serious AU decision making. And I settled with a Rock Star!AU. Much like the one I made a couple drawings for a few months ago.
Thorin is a rock legend, or he was, until he took a ten year break after his father’s death. Resting on album sales, royalties and his favorite alcoholic beverage Thorin had given up on music. Until his Label boss Gandalf calls him and tells him he has a chance to do a comeback tour, a long, final series of concerts.
Of course Thorin’s old PR Manager quit after a falling out a few years back, and Thorin had taken on a solo mentality, so when Gandalf plops Bilbo in the position, things get, complicated, and interesting.
And some part of Bilbo feels like he’s a glorified babysitter, and Thorin feels like he’s been in the game too long to need some fresh faced upstart - who admittedly has a nice ass- watching his every move.
Yeah, I’m planning on a short few page comic for this one, either that or a bunch of album artwork depicting events~
sorry for quite dirty lines!!!
There’re lots of things that I have to do for my travel to London early of next month!
for smudgyboo “draw your friend’s art” challenge meme thing
THIS IS GLORIOUS <3 <3 <3
Final drafts + introduction to my prompts for the HRBB14 ( hobbitreversebang).
Please keep reading for more infos about both of them! I’ve come up with a few ideas for both of them, if you choose one of my prompts you don’t necessarily have to include all of them into the story (but I’d really like to see them into the fic - just pick up what you like though).
♦ Dragonborn/Skyrim ‘verse
This is vaguely based on Skyrim main plot.
When Bard kills Smaug, his soul unexpectedly comes back to the Mountain to be assorbed by Bilbo and Thorin. They’re both heavily confused until Gandalf appears and reveals that apparently they’re the Dragonborn, the descendent of dragons that is destined to rid the world of their kind. This time though, it has reincarnated into two beings - Bilbo and Thorin indeed. They now must go to the north of Middle Earth to stop the new rise of dragons, and mostly stop the cultists of dragons who want to bring back the great Ancalagon the Black, who would help Sauron take control of all Middle Earth. Things are not made easier by the fact that Thorin - still partially under the effect of the gold-sickness - doesn’t want to leave his newly reclaimed kingdom, Bilbo is extremely cross with him, and it happens that they have to be somehow connected to make their powers work and do the Shouts.
- This is not meant to be an overly serious AU. I mean just look at Bilbo and Thorin. To quote Kim, “the dragonborn is two short people who yell at each other more than at the dragons they kill”.
- 100+ if Thorin has a crush on Bilbo from the beginning, but as fierce Bilbo is… the Dragonborn? This soft-Shire guy?
- Bilbo is done with everything and everyone.
- Members of the Company will go with them probably. Fili, Kili, Dwalin…
- To Shout they must have a bond. At the beginning they have to use a physical bond, because their souls are distant, and the gold-sickness hurt both of them. 10000+ bonus if towards the end they can use their power even apart from each other because they now have a powerful soul-bond - aka they’re in love with each other.
- Trillions+ if there’s pining and sexual tension because they’re both too stupid to deal with their own feelings.
- Thorin being hyper-protective.
- The presence of Paarthurnax is appreciated
- The Istaris could be the Grey Beards
- The Arkenstone event never happened, if the Battle is avoided is up to you, but Bilbo is still very cross with Thorin.
- Months passes before this new quest begins, because Thorin doesn’t want to leave the Mountain. During this time Bilbo trains with Dwalin.
♦ Musician Modern AU
I haven’t developed this one so much, because I want to give more free hand to the writers who pick it. I basically only want a fic featurin Thorin playing the harp, ok? XD
The basic idea is: Thorin is a harp player who struggles to be recognised in the music world. Not because he lacks of talent or he’s impossible to work with (although he can be pretty rough at times…) but because in a world where professional harp players are almost only women, nobody really takes him seriously.
Bilbo Baggins is a grumpy, antisocial composer with lacks of ispiration that threatens to block his career, always withdrawn in his comely flat with his piano and his cat.
When Gandalf literally drags Thorin into Bilbo’s house, an improbable collaboration starts, because after hearing the other play, Bilbo is determined to create a piece which will bring up all Thorin’s qualities and personality.
This is supposed to be a Bagginshield fic too, but you can develop it as you like. I only ask for one thing: Bilbo has a nervous smoking habit. No one ever transfers Bilbo’s smoking in Middle Earth to modern AUs…
Check the tags #dragonborn and #musicianAU on my blog because I could add more sketches to the thing.